Thursday, April 17, 2008

Road Trip

Hello everyone! My mom & I braved the open road with a 5 week old... and we survived! Actually, we had a blast! David did such a great job on his first road trip. I'm not saying we didn't have any baby blowouts on the side of the freeway requiring a change of diaper and clothes on a picnic table (yes, it happened), but it was a lot of fun! And thanks to my husband's wonderful employee hotel discounts, we got to stay in nice hotels for super cheap. Nice! We drove to Las Vegas then onto Phoenix and continued our circle onto Kanab. It wasn't a long trip, but it was nice to get away for a few days. We were able to visit my Grandma Huff who is currently in the hospital in Phoenix and she just adored David. She was able to hold him and enjoyed showing him off to the nurses. We also spent an evening with my Uncle Mel and Aunt Dian and their kids Micaila & Alyssa, and Micaila's husband Johnny. That was a fun night. They all took turns holding David and that was entertainment enough. We completed our trip in Kanab and that was a good ending. David & I missed James a lot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun trip. Gotta love those blowouts. I can't even count how many baby and kid messes comming out of both ends Jon and I have cleaned up on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere while traveling across the country! lol Of course though it wasn't funny at the time. Cute pics!

Angeler said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. Bummed that you didn't get to see Grandma more though.