Sunday, June 17, 2012

Relay for Life

On June 1st, David, Steven & I were able to participate in Relay for Life right here in Kanab! It was a great event! We did our opening lap with everyone, then we got to go play for a little while. There were lots of games and activites there to raise money for cancer research. After playing for a while, David and I decided it was time to do a few laps around the track. I carried Jared in the snugglie, so I couldn't exactly run. But David thinks everything is a race. So, he ran around that track 4 times without stopping! (And lapping his mama a few times!) When he was done, I told him how proud I was of him for running so fast and the conversation turned to Grandma Becky. He said he knew Grandma Becky was happy he ran so fast, because he could feel her in his heart. No doubt in my mind she was running right along with him! It was a fun way to celebrate Becky's life as a family. We love you Becky!













1 comment:

Dad West said...

Way to go David, Steven and Keri. It looks like you all had a fun time. Thanks for helping in such a worthy cause and honoring Mom and grandma Becky so lovingly.