Friday, May 4, 2007

Family

You know, having this new blog has given me the opportunity to do something that I have always thought about doing, but for some reason, shied away from. I am now going to take this time to publicly thank my wonderful family, new & original, for every single thing they do for my hubby & I. Now, I know this will not come as a shock to anyone that knows a thing about me, but I have always been a family girl. I have always been the one that would prefer a night in with my parents, along with pizza and a good movie, over going out with friends to a loud club or public place. It was 11 months ago, exactly to the day, that I gave up the comfort of the family life that I had grown accustomed to, to move 250 miles south, to pretty much the middle of nowhere, just to be with the love of my life. (Small sacrifice for love) When I told my parents of my decision to move to Cedar City, they were very supportive. They knew the way my eyes lit up when I was around James. If my family hadn't given me the final supportive push to move, I never would have met the wonderful people that I have met by marrying my husband & his family... or the people I have met in this beautiful city that I have learned is much more than "the windy city in middle of nowhere". Now, I have always considered myself to be a lucky girl, but it was not until last Saturday night as I watched my husband & father-in-law take turns jumping out of their seats to catch shrimp in their mouth being thrown by a Tepanyaki chef who could barely speak English, that I realized just how lucky I was. It was at that moment that I had the profound thought, "Life is good". And it truly is! Even after saying our good-byes & returning to our daily lives in Cedar City, I realized that I have never publicly thanked my family or James' family for their love, support & insight they give us. Life is too short to keep those sorts of things to ourselves. So, here it is... THANK YOU! I personally, love you all & can't wait to bring you along for the rest of this journey that we call life.

1 comment:

Steve West said...

Keri, that was beautiful what you wrote about your love for family, extended family and of course for James. What a wonderful idea to put together a family blog! We look forward to have this additional way to stay in touch. You and James are sooo cute together! I loved the pictures you posted too. Becky and I feel so blessed to have you and your family as part of our family too. We love you and James sooo much!