Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Generosity

I just wanted to make a quick blog about something I was overwhelmed with today. Generosity. I have been so impressed and shocked with the amount of help we have been offered since we found out that we were pregnant. Case in point... a guy I work with asked me yesterday if I wanted some of his son's old baby clothes and his old crib they had just sitting in the garage. I said yes without thinking too much about it. I got to work this morning to find a beautiful wood, almost new crib and a huge box of super cute baby clothes just waiting for me in my office. I offered to pay him at least a little bit for everything and he refused to take it. He said they were done using it and were happy to pass it on to a deserving family that needed it. I feel so blessed. This is just one incident of people offering to help us or lend us their own children's clothes. I just wanted to send a big thank you to everyone! We know how lucky we are to have such wonderful families and friends that are willing to do even the smallest things to help us on our upcoming journey of parenthood!

2 comments:

Justin West said...

That is a great story. Expecially for this time of Year. The Spirit of Christmas, giving unto others.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful spirit of generosity! As Justin said, the spirit of Christmas is all around us! It's great that you have such nice co-workers to work with.