Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving and the Crazy Day-After



Happy Thanksgiving everyone! James & I had a great holiday weekend! We were able to make it up to Salt Lake for the weekend and it has been a busy one for the books. Thanksgiving Day we went to Pleasant Grove to celebrate the season with my dad's whole side of the family. Too many Christiansen's to fit in one house, so my grandparents opted for a cultural hall. :) The food was delicious and the company was refreshing. We only see the whole family 1-2 times a year, so it's always nice to get together. After the dinner wrapped up, we went to see the new Disney movie, "Enchanted" with my parents, Ange (my sister) and Craig (her hubby). Can I just say... what a fun movie! I know I may be a 25 year old soon-to-be mother, but this movie made me feel like I was 6 years old discovering my new favorite princess. I just thought the whole thing was cute! The songs, the costumes, the characters... A+++!



Now onto the "Day-After"! As some of you may know, I am one of those crazy people that wakes up before the sun does just to stand in line for the season's best deals. What can I say? It's a family tradition. So we mapped out our course the night before and our Friday morning alarm clock went off at 3am. This year my sister & I were even able to convince our newby husbands to partake in the fun. We met at my parents house at 3:30am and made it to Kohl's before their opening at 4am. We did have to wait outside for about 20 minutes, but that wasn't too bad. The clock struck 4:00am and the race was on. After the 200+ people in front of us in line... we were off! We each had assignments and had them completed within the first 5 minutes. Ange, Craig & Travis had plans to hit a few other stores, so they immediately jumped in line and were out of Kohl's by 4:40am. James & I stayed at Kohl's with my mom and shopped a while. Big mistake! Don't get me wrong, we got some great deals! But because we missed the window of oppoortunity for short lines, we were forced to stand in line for 2 1/2 hours! Meanwhile, our other group that left early was able to hit Shopko and Target's openings at 5am and 6am and were still done before us! Oh well. We met at IHOP for breakfast and called it a morning. After a 3 hour nap, a few of us decided to give it another go. And we went until 8pm! James & I didn't buy a thing, but we sure had fun helping my mom complete every single thing on her list. Mission accomplished!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to hand it to you guys, you are amazing that you would get up so early and shop, yet not buy anything for yourselves. You get an A+ for helping others! 2 1/2 hours in line...that's going way above the call of duty! It sounds like you had a lot of fun though, and I'm sure that's part of the tradition!