Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful


All this talk about Thanksgiving has really got me thinking... I am truly blessed. Not just blessed because I get to eat my wonderful mother's homemade Thanksgiving meal tomorrow, but blessed for countless reasons. I am so thankful for my family! My wonderful husband is such an inspiration and support for me. He spends countless hours working and studying in the library just to ensure his graduation next spring. I'm sure he gets stressed with the pressure of supporting his family, but he would never admit it. My loving parents and father-in-law are also an amazing source of strength. When I lost my job a few weeks ago, neither of them hesitated to jump right in and help our lil' family. I'm thankful for modern medicine. It is so amazing to me how far we have come with our medical technology and medicine. Hearing my unborn son's heartbeat and watching his little hand wave to me during a "routine" ultrasound is something I will never take for granted. I am thankful for friends. I have the greatest friends in the world! Even though I have not seen some of them in months or years, we never lose touch because of the gift of communication. Which reminds me, I am so thankful for email! :) I am thankful for the gift of eternal families. Knowing that I will be James' wife forever brings joy to my heart everyday. It helps remind me of the smallness of the trials we bear here on earth. As long as we maintain our focus on the long-term eternal goal, the rest of this stuff is just... stuff. Because of the plan we also have the calming knowledge that we have only been temporarily separated from James' beautiful mom. What relief that brings to my heart!

I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving holidays! We are such a blessed people! What are some of the things you are thankful for?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Keri for your beautiful message of thanksgiving. I'm thankful for the best daughter-in-law and son-in-law and their families that I could have ever dreamed for. Keri, you're perfect for James and Sam, you're perfect for Jenny. What a blessing that is. My Thankfulness is overflowing to see so much love and beauty in the families of our children! I'm eternally Thankful for the knowledge that Becky is smiling down on all of us with joy as we all live to be with her again some day.

Overall Family said...

Hey James & Keri- Your blog is great. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Look forward to seeing you guys again soon. Take care and Happy Holidays.

BTW..Remember Andrew running around at the lake house? That will be your son in two years!! Boys have an overwhelming amount of energy. :-)

Love,
Clint, Teresa & Andrew