Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our New Lives!

Hello everyone! Well, we have officially begun our new small town lives here in Kanab. I know I am a little tardy in writing this post, but hey, better late than never. :) This is the official update of the West Family.

James is doing great! He is really enjoying his 40+ hour weeks as the Assistant Manager of the brand new Holiday Inn Express here. The hotel is doing very well. They are in the middle of their busy season, so they sell out almost every night. James is in charge of all group sales and he is doing great. They have at least 2 tour buses every week. I'm so proud. James has also recently been called as the Second Counselor in the Elder's Quorum Presidency in our new ward. They just called the entire presidency, so they are starting from scratch.

I am doing good also! Actually, I'm doing a lot better here than I ever thought I would. I just started my new job at Zions Bank. They have a Customer Service call center here and I started my training there last week. I wasn't too thrilled about being chained to a desk and phone again, but I have learned to enjoy the atmosphere again. I am in a training class with 3 other women, who happen to be quite a bit older than me. Two of which have no idea how to even turn on a computer. Well, we started our computer and phone call training this week and I picked it up pretty quick... unlike the other women. The trainer pulled me aside and asked me to help train one of them one on one. What a compliment! So she sat with me for 2 days while I took my first calls and tried teaching her how to navigate the computer. Tough job. I sure hope she gets it. Other than my job, my life is going great. I am loving the small town atmosphere and our new ward.

David is such a sweetheart! He is growing bigger everyday and is becoming quite chatty these days. He rolled over for the first time a few weeks ago and still does it at least once a day. He has his 4 month check up on Thursday, so we'll see just how good we've been feeding him. The best part of my day is the morning with David. I get to wake up every morning to his babbling in my ear through the amazing invention of baby monitors. I walk into his room and peek over the side of his crib and watch him play for a minute. But the best part is when he catches me. He starts laughing and shows me that big gummy smile that melts my heart. Oh, he truly is a gift from heaven. :)

So that is a (not so) brief summary of our new lives. I'm sorry that we haven't been able to update our blog very regularly. But I am happy to say we now have Internet at home. So, for all you dedicated readers... stay tuned. :)

2 comments:

Chad and Kristen said...

I'm glad you guys are settling in so nicely. If they don't watch out you are going to be running the customer service center down there. You don't know how happy I am to hear that you know have internet!! I love all the stories and updated pictures! Take advantage. I wish I had, had a blog during my kids first years of life, because they grow and change so much, and I didn't keep a journal so I forgot a lot of the little stuff. So happy all is well!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Loved the pictures and your update. Your family is such a blessing to us all!