Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! James & I thoroughly enjoyed our last Valentine's Day as a 2-person family. I think what made it such a great day, was the fact that nothing was planned. We played everything by ear and it ended up being a very romantic evening. I began the day with a bathroom mirror note to my hubby just telling him how much I love him before I rushed off to work at 7am. We were both so busy between work and school all day, I didn't get to see him until 4:30pm. So we settled for loving text messages and phone calls until we got to be together. We had agreed that instead of spending money on flowers, I would rather get myself a new cell phone. So, we went and picked out a cell phone for me together (pink of course, in honor of the holiday). Afterwards, we decided to brave the restaurant scene. We were surprised to find that the most romantic restaurant in Cedar City (which we've never been to) didn't have a wait at all. So, we went to a beautiful dinner at a cute little restaurant called The Garden House. It is a little house that used to be a bed & breakfast that has been converted into an elegant restaurant. We sat by the window and stared at the white lights outside reflecting on the fresh snow. It was so pretty and peaceful. It was really nice to go out together and have a romantic dinner, just enjoying conversations about our lives and the future we are facing together. It was a great way to celebrate our love for each other. Nothing too over the top. I feel so lucky to know that James is my husband forever and that he is the father of my future children. (Future as in 5 weeks, in case anyone is counting...)
We love you all and appreciate the relationships we have with each of our family members and friends. I love Valentine's Day! It's such a good reminder to tell everyone how much you love them. I'm sorry I don't tell you all on a more regular basis. I hope you all enjoyed your Valentine's Day as well. xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so cute in pink! I would have never been caught dead in pink, then I became a momma and some how I felt I belong in it. Maybe for me it had to do with being pregnant with a girl? I dunno. I am glad that you both had a wonderful romantic Valentines Day! We love you guys too!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post of your romantic Valentine's Day! Thank you for sharing it with us. You two are such a great example of eternal love and it brings a huge smile to my face when I read your notes about your love for each other! DJ is one lucky guy to have parents like you two!

Chad and Kristen said...

How Romantic! I am glad you enjoyed your last Valentines Day kid free....note my Valentine blog

The A.Wahls said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening...and perfect timing for a romantic holiday to give you two a night out before the little one arrives. I noticed on you "tracker" that you only have 30 days to go...I can't believe it!