Friday, February 8, 2008

34 Weeks

34 weeks down, only 6 more to go! We are so excited to meet our little boy in just 6 short weeks! This week has been an interesting week for our pregnancy. I had my 34 week appointment on Tuesday and everything went just fine. The typical 5 minute appointment... good heartbeat, good measurements, any questions? The interesting part came on Wednesday night when our normally VERY active little boy wasn't moving. I didn't want to over analyze, so I tried eating and lied down in bed for a little while. Nothing. James finally came to bed and we felt him kick a few times. Enough to put me at ease enough to go to sleep. I woke up Thursday morning and still didn't feel any movement. I continued getting ready for work and ate breakfast. After another hour of no movement, I finally gave in and called my doctor's office. She had me go straight to the hospital to have the Labor & Delivery nurse do a non-stress test on the baby. Not even 10 minutes after the nurse put the monitor on my belly, our little boy was back! That poor monitor was jumping all over the place! :) So, it seems we have a little prankster on our hands. I just hope he doesn't make this little game a weekly ritual. For all of you that may be wondering, he has been moving constantly ever since we left the hospital. So all is fine with baby David!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keri, you're so beautiful with a pregnant belly! I'm glad to hear that DJ is moving and healthy. He's going to be such a joy to us all!

The A.Wahls said...

You look so cute! Glad to hear all is well.